Box Oven Recipe (serves )
- 9×13 baking dish
- 29 oz Peach Slices
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup lemon lime soda or water
- Spray bottom and sides of baking dish with cooking spray
- Pour fruit into bottom of dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mis over fruit and use spoon to make sure it is evenly spread out (take care not to stir or mix)
- Cut up butter into small (1/4 inch) cubes and sprinkle over top of mix
- Drizzle soda or water over the mix
- Place pan on top of wire rake on top of bricks
- Bake (16 hot coals + 9 new coals) in box oven for 50-60 minutes. The consistency will be cobble or lava-cake like.
Recipe from Diablo Day Camp Twin Canyon *Session Favorite Recipes *