A Dutch Oven Recipe (serves 16)
- 3 lbs pre-cooked ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cups Tomato sauce
- Salt, Pepper, bay leaves, thyme, basil to tast
- 22 oz canned corn (with liquid) [optional]
- 2 rolls of refrigerated biscuit dough (or biscuit mix prepared as directed)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- Mix ingredients in Dutch Oven
- Place Dutch oven on coals with coals ringing the top and bring to a simmer (about 3 minutes with starting with a cold Dutch oven).
- Cut cheese in 3/4 inch cubes
- Wrap biscuit dough around cheese cubes.
- After Dutch oven is bubbling, add cheese biscuits, cover and cook until golden brown (about 20-30 minutes).
Recipe from Diablo Day Camp Twin Canyon *Session Favorite Recipes *